- Institutional Partner News
2020 Service to America Medals: winners and 2021 nominations
On October 5th, the Partnership for Public Service held its first virtual Service to America Medals program. Hosted by comedian Kumail Nanjiani, the star-studded evening featured many special guests, including Presidents Bush and Obama, Bono, Kristen Bell, Samantha Bee, Stephen Colbert and Aisha Tyler. In case you missed it, you can watch the full recording here on their YouTube channel.
During the program—the 19th annual Sammies event—they awarded medals to federal employees who made significant contributions to our nation by tackling some of our most pressing challenges, including the COVID-19 pandemic. The winners are:
- Federal Employee of the Year: Dr. Anthony Fauci
- Paul A. Volker Career Achievement medal: Dr. Ira Pastan
- Emerging Leaders medal: Dr. Vikram Krishnasamy
- Science and Environment medal: Dr. Beth Ripley
- Safety, Security and International Affairs medal: Donna F. Dodson
- Management Excellence medal: Dr. Neil Evans, Kathleen Frisbee and Dr. Kevin Galpin
The Partnership also awarded the Spirit of Service medal, which honors a private sector employee who has made significant contributions to public service. This year, they recognized Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft. And in July, they celebrated the winners of the People's Choice award: Corvelli A. McDaniel and Dr. Lorraine Cole.
Now, the Partnership is seeking nominations for the 2021 Service to America Medals. If you know deserving federal employees, nominate them for the 2021 Sammies today!