Location: National Academy of Public Administration, 1600 K St, NW Suite 400, Washington, DC 20006
We have an exciting opportunity for fellows and alumni to participate in a Public Speaking & Presentations Workshop with a master trainer, Carmie McCook, of Carmie McCook & Associates (www.carmie.com). The workshop is scheduled for Thursday, September 26th from 6:00 - 9:00pm at the National Academy of Public Administration (1600 K St NW Suite 400). Dinner will be provided.
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- Analyzing your audience and how to best connect with them
- Creating closing statements that inspire, motivate, and resonate audiences
- Developing overall winning presentation/speech content from opening words to closing remarks
- Creating effective and engaging PowerPoint slides
- Developing an overall presence that is confident, credible, and knowledgeable
- Handling Q&A sessions effectively
This is an opportunity to get individual and small group attention to learn how to give effective presentations and impactful speeches. Participants will have the opportunity to get on-camera practice and coaching. The class has been tailored to fit the RFG Fellows and the kinds of presentations you give every day. In fact, we asking if you have presentation topics you would like to submit along with your RSVP, please do! Carmie can use some of your suggested topics in the class.
Please RSVP using the form below as soon as possible. We only have 20 seats available and it is first come, first serve.