Location: Albany, New York
Challenge and prepare yourself to change the world by attending this exciting weekend conference hosted by the University at Albany’s nationally ranked Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy! You will learn from and interact with prominent local, state and federal officials and gain a better understanding of career options in public service and the knowledge and skills needed to get you to where you want to be.
When: Friday, October 25- Sunday, October 27, 2019
Where: Albany, New York
- Challenge yourself; change the world: panels on effectuating change and confronting complex policy issues led by public policy and nonprofit leaders and faculty experts.
- Learn about working as an advocate for social change, using data to inform policy-making, differentiating good sources of information from fake news, confronting public policy and global challenges in a divided country, and more!
- Keynote speeches from prominent individuals: hear about the difference between public service and partisan politics, the ethics of being a public servant, finding fulfillment in your work and the perseverance needed to achieve your goals.
- Learn by doing: work with a team to develop a solution to a current real-world policy challenge
- Professional development sessions on professional etiquette, networking, resume writing and interviewing.
- Social events including a tour of the state capitol, and group meals with students, alumni and elected officials.
Who should apply?
- This conference seeks applicants who are currently enrolled in or are recent graduates of bachelor degree programs and are motivated to get the knowledge and skills to make a difference in the world.
- Undergraduate sophomores through recent graduates (1 year) with an interest in public policy and working in the public sector, both domestically and abroad.
- Traditionally underrepresented students are encouraged to apply.
- All majors are welcome!
Transportation and Housing
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from the conference. Participating students are eligible to receive up to $50 to help supplement the cost of their travel to and from Albany, NY.
- Housing will be provided for participants at a local hotel, however, students will be required to pay for parking, if needed, and any incidental room expenses.
Deadline: Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 11:59PM EST